Saturday, January 4, 2014

Painting, Bracelet-making, and Other Cold Weather Crafting

I am a crafting nerd. I am into a little bit of all kinds of crafts. Most of this stems from necessity and when I see something I love, I can make it myself. My friends and family know this and gladly oblige me!
These are my latest works. I draw inspiration from things I see on Pinterest, magazines, and other media.  
The bracelet was super easy, but time consuming. It's really comfortable,  too.

The "Pray" painting was a painting class my bestie, my daughter, and I went to back in the summer. It was the first painting I attempted in years. However, it wasn't quite finished. It needed something. So I added the old rugged cross. It has meaning for me on many levels.

The "Tree of Life" is the first of a series. I saw one like this on Pinterest and had to paint it. I have many photos of a favorite tree in several different angles and lighting. I will possibly paint those at a later date. 


  The nursery painting was by request from my bestie. Those are her colors and she is doing Caleb's nursery in elephants. The Bible verse is Psalm 139:15 and is close to her heart. 




I believe that inspiration comes from all around us. Mimicry is flattery, and I hope that I inspire others to create, to reuse, to remake, to make beautiful things using your gifts.  

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment