Friday, August 3, 2012

More Helpful Hints

Things you thought were trashed but aren't!

Melted lip balm- I've done this enough times that you thought I would have learned by now to bring my lip balm out of the car. If you discover that you tube of lip balm has melted, simply invert the tube so it's stands on its cap and put it in the fridge. Once it's cooled again, you've got a nearly brand new tube of balm. 

Stained shirts- I washed my daughter's not-so-fresh-from-camp clothes in warm water. Unfortunately, something pink bled onto three of her white shirts. The blue/white striped shirt is now dyed fushia pink/purple striped!  I tied dyed another, and the other one I dipped the shoulders in pink and the tail in blue. They bled into each other. You know what I used for dye? Food coloring and temp hair dye mixed. You might not have hair dye on you, but I have a funky girl, so we have several colors.

Stain remover on the fly- My daughter has a habit of pulling her baby teeth in inconvenient places. Most recently, she pulled a baby molar while at church camp during the last service. She got a drop of blood on her shirt. I didn't want it to stain and we were hours from being able to get it washed. Her Nana ALWAYS has hand sanitizer on her, so I took a smidge of it and dabbed it on the spot. Tada! No stain. I also used this for the errant dye from the above mentioned dye job that made it onto one of my favorite tees. It works.


No comments:

Post a Comment